Saturday, November 28, 2015

Something I was thinking about for my other hobby, RPG.

 My wonderful wife pulled together a nice week long trip to Florida that also included a three day cruise to the Bahamas.  I've been on one other cruise, a couple of years ago.  That cruise was also a short three day trip that left LA with a final stop at a Mexican port.  The thing I like about these cruises is the relative freedom, considering you're trapped in a floating hotel.

During our California cruise I found that I just enjoyed the relaxation, whether is was laying on a lounge chair by the pool or napping in the tiny shoebox room.  It was the feeling that it was my time for whatever I wanted, I could go visit the buffet nearly any time I was hungry or the pizza bar late at night.  For our Bahamas cruise we did a little bit more, we spent nearly the entire alotted time on the cruise line's private island ( probably about 2 square miles ).  We made sure to go to the shows they had in the evenings and again had a wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable time.

During this last cruise a thought occured to me.  Wouldn't an RPG cruise be fun?  Like a gaming convention only with real destinations.  Everyone could do the excursions during the day and then in the evening when it was time to relax just set up shop at a table in the buffet dining area and play some D&D or anything for a few hours.

If you've been on a cruise and are a gamer, has this ever occured to you?  Do you think it could work?

No comments:

Post a Comment