Friday, October 16, 2009

I had a good night raiding two nights ago

I finally got a chance to see ToC 25, I had done ToC 10 last week. I really hate being a newb on an encounter when I'm one of the tanks. When I'm in this position I have a whole raid ( 9 or 24 other people ) depending on me to know what to do and how to handle it, without the benefit of failing a couple of times with the raid. Luckily both times (10 and 25) I ran into a nice pug of mostly guildies that were willing to suffer along with my questions and misunderstandings. In the 10 man we had some issues, I think I may have been the source of them, but then we went on to one-shot the rest of the raid. In the 25 man we had a few little things along the way but for the most part it was painless.

Luckily I have a pocket priest who is my social director as well as raid healer support. She is willing to go out there and find the pug raids or put together the heroic instance runs while I am a quiet little tank.

Between the two raids I managed to pull together a few pieces of higher level raid gear as well as emblems of triumph that I was able to use to upgrade. I am getting closer to being more properly geared for the current end game, now I'm just waiting to hear a yes or no from my old guild renamed.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the QSS spin-off that you're referring to? If so, can you fill me in on what went down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.. my faithful reader :)

    Yeah, it's the QSS spin-off.

    I don't know what happened to make them do the spin-off other than it seems as if most of the raiders are now convergence and the only person I've seen elsewhere is Almont in Macto.

    ReplyDelete